Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love Day, Snowride, UFC, Family Pictures, and 6 Months

I have a problem lately!
I make a post and never publish it, I write an email and never send it.....
and now I've found another week has come and gone. I wrote my last post last Wednesday, right after we got back from our busy weekend down with our families.......finally last night I dowloaded my pictures so i could finish this darn thing!
Last week I got sucked into a book and just couldn't pry myself away to download the pictures. I will blame my laziness on that and the OLYMPICS! GO USA!
Anyway... my point is, if some of it sounds like this was the past weekend, it's not. It's from the weekend of Valentines Day and President's Day.
**********
Back from an awesome 4-day weekend! Luke had Monday off and since school had Monday's schedule on Tuesday (a day he does not work) we didn't have to be back to Logan until Tuesday at 2:30 which meant a LOOOONG weekend to enjoy our families!

On Friday as I scrambled to get us all ready to go, I also got to rip up the carpet in one corner of our bedroom.  For some reason when you run a humidifier constantly for several days the water has to go somewhere besides into the air. Huh. What a novel thought! I don't know what I was thinking... but to make a long story short--- It was a good thing we were leaving for 4 days so that our stinky soggy carpet could air out! YUUUUCK

Saturday was the ALMOST ANNUAL SCOFIELD SNOWRIDE! I'm so grateful that my Mom watched Adelia for me so that I could go on the ride. Also, thank you Jana and Val.  Especially because Adelia cried and screamed the entire time. Apparently we need to expose her to others more often. She's around other people a lot but I'm always holding her so she only wants Luke or I to hold her.......... AND no one else. OR ELSE.  By the way, she turned 8 months and got her second tooth this weekend..
 
  
Yes that is her tongue. She just couldn't resist that little tongue hole! 
 
Tianna went on the ride with us. It was her first real ride and I was impressed with how well she did.  I mean, a 4 hour ride is a long time for anyone, especially a 3 year old.  Everything went great and Luke and I took turns with her so we each got to play a bit as we rode too.  She enjoyed it until the last 1/4 when it got really bumpy and she fell asleep and then woke up really ornery. I loved the ride though! It was great to get out on a ride. Sadly, this may be the last Snowride.  The route has had to change and it's just so much work..... nearly 200 people signed up for it this year! My dad thinks it's time to retire from it......... we'll see what happens! It's been such a tradition for my family for almost as long as I've been alive so it will be strange to have it come to an end. I really do hope I have Snow Rides to blog about in the future.

Saturday night Luke and his dad watched some local UFC cage fighting in Price.  He witnessed as my sister's brother-in-law smashed in his opponents face, breaking his own hand and well... breaking the other guy's face.  I don't get the joy of such things... but he had a great time with his Dad. I teased him that it was like a date because afterward they went out for HOT LAVA FUDGE CAKE.  I took the girls to Grandma Belinda's house.
This picture was so cute.  I couldn't resist a shot of Tianna giving Uncle Chris a humongo hug.
Adelia was happy to have someone smaller than her for a change! This is Mr. Raleigh who is almost 3 months old. Won't be long before she can't say he's smaller than her anymore!

Sunday--- LOVE DAY--- was pretty low key.  Since we were at his parents house, it was Sunday, and we're saving up for a trip, we decided to have a $5.00 limit.  Luke was so cute about my surprise! He told me not to look under the bed and that he would need some time on Sunday to put my gift together.
So I got locked out of the living room for awhile while he put together the cutest little thing for me. He wrote stuff he and the girls love about me on little Tinker Bell Valentines and formed them into this:
For him we got him what he wanted most--- CHOCOLATE! We showered him in "KISSES"... of the Hershey variety and gave him ALL OF OUR HEARTS-- of the Dove Dark Chocolate variety.  We spent the day at church, his parents house, and his grandparents house. It was a nice day and  I'm so happy I get to spend LOVE DAY with my Eternal Valentine forever!
Sorry about the Dora's showing! :  ) 
And Tianna loved that she got to make Valentines for people and spent weeks covering papers in stickers and coloring and recoloring, and recoloring them.  She is a big fan of Valentines Day. A week and a half later she' still handing out Valentines to people! Love her!
Monday-- Frandsen Family Pictures. The day went like this: Got up, got ready, went to Price, took grandkids picture in the outfit my parents gave the kids for Christmas, then changed their clothes for the large group photo. Then changed for our little families picture. Went in the house and got Adelia asleep. Then took Tianna out for her pics, then had lunch, then got Adelia's pictures, and her and Tianna together. Then Tianna got hit in the nose with the prop and got a nose bleed.

Here is an interesting picture of my brother, Garth holding Pyper (his daughter) and Adelia. They are 2 days apart and were matchy matching for the pictures. It was cute how he was holding them both and so I snapped a shot..... come to find out you can't use a flash on a camera when you are standing next to the photographer's studio lights. Imagine that. But it actually looks cool in my opinion! 

After pictures we went to the Price Cemetery to visit Vittoria's grave. Can you believe it's been 6 months?! It's amazing how quickly that time has gone. In a way at least.  When you see how raw the pain is on everyone, especially her parents it's hard to believe it's already been that long...On the other hand, it feels like a lifetime ago that we heard her sweet giggle and saw that beautiful smile of hers. We miss her dearly and are just so grateful for our Heavenly Father's plan.  If we didn't know that we'd see her again some day I don't know how anyone could get through such loss!

Tuesday we drove home instead of Monday. Luke had a funny schedule for school, so he didn't need to be back until 2:00.  It was so nice having a extra time with everyone and really nice not traveling at night for once! We were actually able to make a stop at In-N-Out Burger for lunch! YUMMO! A perfect way to end a perfect weekend!

4 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Don't worry, I'm just like you with posting. I'll write the posts...but it takes me forever to download the pics. Oh well. Love all the pics; especially with Tianna and her tongue sticking out of her snow mask. Classic! :)

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

I know how it goes, at least you are starting a post lately I haven't even gotten that far! A weekend with family that sounds so wonderful! Glad you guys got to eat at in-out-burger. You should also try 5 guys that is pretty good too.

JamesVal said...

I love all the pics, but my favorite is Tianna with her tongue sticking out!!! Awesome!!

The Cranney's said...

Yah, no worries. It doesn't matter how late the posts are, there always so fun to read whenever they come. I loved the picture of your hubby and your girls sitting on the bed. What a cute picture. And...the tongue one is definitely one you'll want to keep on file and pull out around dating time. :D Fun, FUN!