This post has a lot of random things, so there won't be a whole lot of order to it.
But first and foremost..... I think we have a TODDLER! I don't know that someone so small should be allowed to be called a toddler, but Adelia thinks she is
Once she started crawling about a month ago she really got into pulling herself up on things. Before we knew it she was starting to let go for several seconds at a time and just balance on her own. A few days later while I was staying down in Price (more on that in a minute) she got braver and braver. After a day or two of that she could stand up from a complete squat without holding onto anything. Then after a few seconds she'd either grab onto something or fall. She looked like she wanted to just take off walking but I was doing my best to keep her grounded until Daddy could see her in action! I was staying down there from Sunday, February 28th, till the next Sunday when Luke's sister, Monica's, baby boy was blessed. Adelia was having serious stranger anxiety (Stranger in a very loose sense... more like anyone but Luke or I looking at her) so I felt she needed some good exposure to other people. So while he had work and school, the girls and I went down to Price until that Thursday and then spent the rest of the time in Castle Dale with the Peacock's.
It was GREAT! But back to my "toddler" that week she got braver and braver. My dad wanted her to start walking so badly so he'd help her practice but I was trying my hardest to hold her off a few more days until Luke could see her take her first steps.
By Friday.... just minutes after he arrived she took her first few steps! That was March 5th (for the record)
Now we're a week and into that and she's getting pretty comfortable at taking 5 or so little steps each time. CRAZY though! She' still just so small that it looks like a 6 month old walking. She just thinks she needs to do everything early.
Now we're dealing with all her teeth coming in at one time. She has her two bottom teeth and now her top front are breaking through the skin and any day now at least 2 more will be out! That was at least 4 at one time! OUCH!
It's currently Spring Break! YAAAAAAAAY for no school! Luke was in dire need of a break. This semester his "lucky" hour where his homework all comes together seems to be 5 am. He's stayed up that late probably 5 times now and it's only half way through!
So besides a much needed break, we have been enjoying some company. His mom and Monica, as well as her 2 boys, came up Sunday and stayed until yesterday evening. It was really nice of them to come! While they were here we "attempted" to take some pictures of all 4 kiddos.... then we shopped till we dropped at craft stores on Monday and yesterday we took the kids to Tianna's gymnastics class. It was nice that Aden got to participate too! They were both SO CUTE! After that and a good breakfast at Angie's we went to a park. I LOVED that we had good weather while they were here. Oh I love Sunshine! Then sadly they had to leave... but since we were suppos to go down (yet again) this weekend, they took Tianna with them. Now we aren't going so we'll have to work out some other way to get our baby back.
So it is quiet here! Well.... its quiet when Adelia isn't shrieking. She's learned to shriek when she wants something. it's awesome. She has also caught a nasty little bug and is miserable... hopefully Tianna avoids it since she's not here... and hopefully Adelia gets well soon! She sure gets sick more often than her sister ever did. Maybe it's just that they pass stuff between them now and Tianna had no one but us to share with. I just don't know.
One day a few weeks ago the girls and I had a picnic inside. I had promised.. well, bribed... Tianna with chicken nuggets if she'd be really good and listen really well during gymnastics that week cause it had been rough lately. She was really good that day and so we got McDonalds. It was NOT nice weather but we were aching for some, so we pretended.
Now I'll expound more on our trip to Price and Castle Dale:
One fun thing Tianna got to do was attend a dance lesson from Aunt Tori. Her and Camryn were so cute and Tiannna is still doing the dance steps weeks later! Thanks Tori for letting her come!
I also got to work out for the first time in a long time..(thanks Mommy for watching the kiddos while I did).. it's so hard to do it with kids! I know I could wake up earlier, but Adelia still wakes up so much at night that I can't do that, and while she's napping so many other things take precedence. I would rather just go outside but that's not much of an option... (okay so I'm just full or excuses) BUT now I don't have one! We came home with Luke's parent's treadmill!!! Thanks for letting us borrow it!
And thank you everyone for just hosting us all the time when we come down. We love it and we LOVE ALL OF YOU!
Here Pyper is trying to eat Adelia! :) Love those two!
It was fun seeing Jocelyn and Harley being big girls... when did that happen?
That chair must have sedative qualities... the night before she fell asleep like that on my mom's lap too.
I'm happy to report that after a few days at Grandma's house Adelia finally started letting people hold her. We just need to go often to keep it up!
The Dynamic Duo... need I say more?
Those two girls sure missed their daddy!
This is the handsome little man that got blessed. We love you Raleigh!
Tianna and Grandma Belinda doing a craft
We didn't get to see much of this guy that week. We missed you Grandpa Bert
4 comments:
I can't believe Adelia is WALKING! Maybe she could come give our guy some pointers. And, randomly, Tianna reminds me of Janelle. Maybe it's the haircut and the dark eyes?
Wow last time I saw you, you were still pregnant. And now she is walking. Crazy! I can't believe that you were down here for a whole week or so and didn't call me for a visit!! No just kidding I know how it is with family.Sounds like you have been having fun ,good for you!
Holy Cow! Adelia probably wants to be like Tianna. I think that's why Sara insisted on walking at 9 months too even thought she just fell all over the place.
Your girls are getting so big! Just wait until they're running around playing together! So much fun!
I cant believe she has taken those first steps already. That is awesome. They are getting so grown up. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family!
Post a Comment