Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love Month!

HAPPY FEBRUARY!  I've always liked this month... I think that is largely because of the pink and red girlie decor. Not to forget, usually flowers, chocolates, pink-frosting and date-nights are involved. It will also include a trip to see our families and going on the Annual Scofield Snowmobile Ride! This year, I think the best thing about February... it's one step closer to SPRING!!
I have to apologize to my readers for my last post. I think I have misguided you into thinking I'm a cool mom that always does fun stuff with my kiddos. IF ONLY it were true. Truth is, my kids probably think I'm a super boring Mommy, and there's NO question that I let Tianna watch way too much TV and/or movies. I think we've seen just about every episode of every show that plays on Disney Channel and don't get me started on how much DORA we've seen.
I wish I could be one of those mom's that wakes up at 6 am and plays with her children on the floor until nap time... then they all settle in for a good nap while Mommy takes care of her household duties . When the kids wake up she resumes playing with them until it's time to prepare dinner.  That is when the real fun starts because the kids all help mix, stir, measure WHATEVER healthy, well thought-out meal she's preparing. Then once dinner and dishes are done it's time for bath time, stories, good night kisses and everyone is tucked into bed by 8:00.
TIS NOT SO Folks! Not at my house.... Maybe someday.
 
Until then, I'll just post pictures of the occasional fun activity we actually do. Then I'll LOOK like Mommy of the Year, but you now know the truth. I'm kind of LAME Mommy much of the time.  I think I'll blame it on this though... it's been so stinkin' cold and frosty here. When it's not storym, everything is covered in a nice layer of frozen frost.... which don't get me wrong, is gorgeous and FUN for a little while, but we're talking over a month of this now. It's hard to entertain your family all day every day when you can't even go outside.

(This pic was taken at Second Dam up Logan Canyon. You can literally see the sudden end of the Valley's fog if you drive just past this)
Saturday night we shipped the kids off to Luke's uncle's house while we went to a USU hockey game with some friends. Tianna was thrilled to go play at Uncle Mike's house and we were thrilled to have a night out.  And we enjoyed a FREE night out in more ways than just free from kids! As Luke E. is a Pepsi guy, they get free VIP seats and catered dinner which this night, happened to feature Dominos! It was an exciting game and so much fun!! Thanks Luke and Stacey and GO USU!!! 

12 comments:

The Alger's said...

I can understand about watching the shows on Disney Channel. Elly is obsessed! I am really glad to say that January is over because we are one step closer to Spring. Good Luck and I hope you make it through these next few weeks :)

Kellan and Rikki-Leigh said...

Oh Mary, that Mom you described does not exist! We just all do our best. You are a great Mom! We are counting down the days til spring too! Almost there!

Luke and Mary said...

Just so that nobody is confused (I would have been after reading it) Luke E. is our friend from our ward.
;-)
Luke P.

Monica Bingham said...

If the mom you described does exsist I would like to hit her....for making the rest of us look bad. I have only about one day a week where inspiration and energy allows me to think up a great activity to do with both boys at home...if I am lucky I even get the mess cleaned up that day. So I say if the kids are alive and fed by the end of the day we have succedded as moms...go us :D

Melanie Pay said...

Mary I LOVE to read your blog! Thanks for not being the mom you described. All of just do our best and try to make it through the day.

Mommy Melissa said...

Thanks Mary, I needed this post today. I was thinking half the day, "why can't my kids both just sleep for half an hour in the afternoons so I can get the dishes done and start dinner?!" I should just enjoy the fact that Reed wants me to play blocks with him, and K's world crashes to pieces if I'm not there for here. Love ya! Keep up the good work you are doing. You're great!

Alicia said...

I am so glad that I am not the only mom that doesn't do fun activities like that every day! Thanks for making me feel better!

Jason and Joy said...

Agreed that the Mommy of the year doesn't exist!!! Amen to all of the other comments!
How fun a hockey game! I love hockey games - I have only been to a few and they were fun. Looks like good times!

The Cranney's said...

I agree with Caitlin, you are a fabulous mommy. The mom of the year you explained would be out of her mind in a week, actually...probably a day. :D Anyways, it does look like you guys have been up to a lot of fun. BTW, I love the new tile in your bathroom. It does look great.

Dale and Courtney said...

Six A.M... Well that mom does actually exist-in Stepford!!! I'll just leave you with this, perfect is boring. Not only would you be out of your mind if that were the case, but the girls would be bored to. Our imperfections keep life interesting.:) And really, your close enough to that mommy to make me say, when I'm a mother, I'd like to do half as well as you do.

Emily said...

Happy February!

Kim said...

I've actually never met a mommy of the year in practice.

By the way, you look great!

Hockey game+dinner-kids? Sounds like a great date!