I may over-do a rather silly holiday... but it's fun for me, so who cares, right?
Our holiday kicked off on the 13th when a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers from the hubs arrived. I didn't expect any (at least not at day early! hehehe)
Thanks Lukey! You are too good to me!
That night, after the girls were in bed, Luke and I "Heart Attacked" the girls doors with little hearts that said things we love about them.
Then being the good sport that he is, helped me hang streamers in the kitchen.
THE GIRLS LOOOOVED IT! They woke up so excitedly-- especially when I told them they got pink french toast for breakfast!
My pretty little Valentines!
Then I sent Tianna to preschool. No one said anything about handing out Valentines, so I stupidly assumed she didn't need any. Wrong! Apparently all the other mom's just did anyway... She was the only one without them :( I felt bad-- even though she didn't seem to care. So we rushed home and threw some Valentines together... it was great writing practice too! :)
Good thing there are only 5 other kids! haha
LOVE how they turned out!
It was fun to hand deliver them anyway...
I guess we saved Valentines Day after all!
The rest of the day was spent preparing for our "date night" with Daddy. Last year we transformed the house into a "restaurant" but since we have a different set up, it would have been much more difficult. So we just had a fancy dinner... with all the trimmings: steak, potatoes, pink jell-o salad, garlic bread, pink lemonade, green beans, and of course, chocolate dipped strawberries! Mmmmm
Oh, and did I mention I made my first (and possibly last) German Chocolate cake. Apparently I'm the only one who loves the topping...
PS-- don't EVER put sugar sprinkles on it-- clash of flavors!
Sadly, Luke was walking out the door from work when he received a phone call that ended up keeping him at work for another hour and a half.
At least we had time to finish ALL of our preparations....
Including my gift to Luke (besides dinner)
Between these two posters was a trail of chocolate kisses.By the time he came the girls were so glad to see him! (stupid dying camera battery ruined my pictures!)
He brought home a pretty bouquet for each of them. Such a sweet daddy!Then we ate our delish dinner, watched our wedding video, and that was about it! It was a perfect day. With my perfect little monsters :) and my perfect man!
Oh yeah, did I mention my wonderful husband also gave me a gift certificate for a mani-pedi! Oh yeah........
This is the face of someone who is spoiled!
1 comment:
AWW...looks like it was quite the fun holiday for you guys! I LOVE THE CUTE VALENTINES!!!
Post a Comment