Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two Already?!?

Yesterday was Tianna's 2nd birthday. I can't believe it it's been that long since our little princess came into the world. She was born on Sept. 16, 2006 and 6:43 am. She was 8 lbs 5.5 oz and 21 inches long.
.
At her 2 year doctor check up this morning she weighed in at 24.11 lbs. and was 33 inches. Going off the whole "double their height at 2 and you'll get their full grown height" she will be about 5'6 when she's all growed up. The doc said she's healthy and is doing great! She's even big enough to pick out her own distinct style as you can see)

Saturday we had a huge birthday bash for that spoiled little girl! Anyone that knows her will know that she's OBSESSED with Princesses and anything girlie so of course we had to throw her a princess party... featuring her very favorite, Cinderella. (I wonder why she likes Cinderella so much. hehehe)


We had a blast though. Almost all of her cousins came and even some 2nd cousins. They were encouraged to dress up and it was so cute to see all of the costumes the kids had. Even baby Jocelyn had a fluffy dress and Aden had the cutest little prince outfit! Tianna was fully decked out in Cinderella attire and she LOOOOOOOVED that! Here's a pic. of some of the royals.


We played "Cinderella Rewound" which was a game I made up. It started out at the Royal Ball with the kids dancing to music and playing with hula hoops and such then when the clock chimed (car horn honked 12 times) the kids had to put Cinderella in her carriage (red wagon) and whisked her across the driveway to get their magic pumpkins (orange balloons). They had to crawl through a tunnel which was the "Transformation tunnel." Once they were on the lawn they had to smash their pumpkin (pop balloon) and then play "Fairy Godmother, May I?" (mother may I) across the lawn. Then it was time for them to do Cinderella's chores by sweeping a little path and then played "Stepmother Says" (Simon Says). Next we played "Put-the-shoe-on-Cinderella" where Monica had drawn the COOLEST Cinderella for us!!
After that the kids had time to just play in the backyard before we did the pinata`. Then we had cupcakes and opened presents. It was chaotic but really fun. I'm just not sure being in charge is nearly as much fun as participating.



But a REAL THANKS to everyone who attended and thank you for all of generous presents for the birthday girl. It was a great memory that we're grateful to have shared with our loved ones.

This last picture was from yesterday when she finally got to taste that Cinderella cake. She was so anxious that she kept bugging her daddy who was doing homework before we celebrated. She'd go up to him and say, "Pake?....I-ceem?.... Please, Daddy...." It was soooo cute!

9 comments:

Jason and Joy said...

I can't believe that she is two! I feel like you just had her! She is so cute - I love that last picture with her and the cake ~ her smile is so adorable - it's like she's saying "Finally!"
The party was so fun -Thanks for inviting us! You are one heck of a party planner!
See you SOON!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Holy cow I cant believe that she is two already! it seems like you just had her! She is so sticken cute!

Karen said...

Looks like you guys had a good time!!

Mark and Lachelle said...

How awesome is that birthday cake?! That's awesome! Tianna is sooo cute! She'll have to give me some fashion tips ;)

Monica Bingham said...

Ah Thank you so much for everything at the party we all had a great time. I did get her present in the mail on Monday. We will have to work out something.
Love ya!

Teandra said...

Congrats mommy! BTW, that cake is amazing. Did you make it?

Luke and Mary said...

Yeah, I made the cake... and trust me, it's a lot easier than it looks thanks to Pampered Chef (I'm now a consultant for anyone wanting items or to host a party).
But yeah, the cake was super easy. You bake 2 different mixes in their classic mixing bowl (large measuring bowl) and then cut the bottom off one, slap some frosting on... and stick in the doll. I also watched a "how to" video on the betty crocker website on frosting them and man... it was pretty easy.
My mom did a lot of the decorating though because I was rushing to get the party going.

Lindsay said...

WOW two! That has gone by fast. That sounds like it was a amazing party. What fun games to come up with! You are just an awesoem mommy! And congrats on making tha cake, I know how hard they can be to make. I have been making Wedding cakes. Your cake look awesome!

Tori said...

Sorry I couldn't stay for the entire party, but I think it was good for me to get away, considering my mood :) (not too party friendly) You definitely are quite the party planner! My girls had a blast! Tell your little princess that we love her and we will try to catch her with a phone call so we can tell her ourselves. Love you!
p.s. I'm ready to have a Pampered Chef party whenever you are! :)